Full Circle



Best Sick Day EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... where to start?... This is gonna be one long Mo Fo of a blog, so sit tight and get comfy if u plan on reading it all...

Well, on Monday my Dad is like "Hey, you wanna go to the Stones Concert?" I'm like "OK..." then "Shit, I have to work that day"... so what did I do? Called in sick of course!! (shh, dont tell my boss!) I wasn't about to miss out on a piece of history like this!
Ok, so we left at like 8:00 (My bro & sis, Dad, Jamie, and Bob's friend John and me). We got there around 10 (parked at the cop shop nearby the concert area, courtesy my Dad's contacts.. hehe) and walked to the entrance. The security was shit.. well, good for the ppl going to the concert cuz all they did was run a metal detector around you... and booze and weed doesn't beep... so there was plenty of weed at the concert (I didn't have any tho). And we got all our food in.. so it was good. So we walked the 1/4 mile to the stage area and set up camp like 150 meters away.. we could see the stage ok, but meh.. still far. So me and T decide to go "exploring" (a pre-planned get-away from the Roger's family) before the acts came up (it was around 10:30). We were told to be back by 11.
We decided to see how close to the stage we could get.. and somehow ended up 3 ppl from the front barricade!! Then the band started playing.. and we decided "Fuck coming back!".. this is the largest ticketed concert in the history of mankind, and we were at the fucking front!! So I asked the nearest person to borrow their cell phone (we didn't bring ANYTHING with us.. not even a camera :( ) and i paged my Dad, with a shitty signal, saying "hey dad, its lee, we are at the front, so I'll see you in a few hours". Well.. we stayed there for 10 hours straight.
Some crappy bands came on.. nothing special.. and me and T were DYING of thirst ($3 a bottle for water.. and we didn't even have pockets.. much less money). But eventually they started giving out water for free (though you had to fight for it) and spraying the hose (everyone got all slimy and gross.. but we weren't being cooked anymore.. so it was good). HOLY SHIT was it crowded (what can you expect when you are in front of 1/2 million ppl?). At some points it was hard to breathe, and you were either stepping on empty water bottles or ppl's feet... or both. It was such a battle to stay where we were.. but somewhere in there we moved up to 2nd row. The ppl around us were pretty nice.. except some old bastard who kept elbowing me..
Justin Timberlake... my oh my... I think they let him come to the concert just so that we could have an intermission and have a hell of a great time booing the fag. His band was on stage and looking petrified when the multitudes of people all gathered in one gianormous boo at the announcement of Timberlake's coming. One guy held up a sign reading "TIMBERLAKE'S A FAG!" and it got on the jumbotron. That started the chanting: "JUSTIN'S A FAG! JUSTIN'S A FAG!". I don't know how he got the gull to come on stage.. he just didn't belong at a rock concert with those kinds of fans. But it was all good fun! When he got on stage, hordes of water bottles bombarded him and his band.. he had to be constantly alert and ducking out of the way during his entire performance. I dont know how ppl in a crowd so tight can have such great aim.. but they did. A few guys got hit in the head, and Timberlake almost did.. if he hadnt ducked. People were screaming death threats (especially this one insane-criminal looking guy, "I'M GONNA KILL YOU, YA COCK SUCKA!", right behind us. He even threatened the press with their untimely deaths), and the crowd became a sea of middle fingers. His first song was "Cry me a river", to which I replied screaming "CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER, DIPSHIT!" The camera's didn't touch on the "fans" too much during this portion of the concert.. and Timberlake's music remained constant so as to drown out the booing. He was actually advised to leave the stage.. but the fag refused. He should have been booed off stage.. but he was too stubborn to leave.
Around 6:30, the REAL concert got going with Guess Who. That's when the crowd got crazy.. but we held our ground.. and by the middle of Rush, T and I were FRONT ROW BABY!!!!!! Wow... it was the greatest thing EVER! And when AC/DC came on.. my god, i could have died! I couldn't stop smiling, and my arm got sore from pumping the fist. AC/DC stole the show.. no doubt. Man.. what a great performance.. what a great band.. I can't describe the feeling.. you just.. feel their music and energy. Angus was great, what with his eternal solos and his Canadian flag boxers! Brian Jonson.. lord.. what a vocal genious! I swear he looked at me.. he came right in front of me, and i was the only person pumping m y fist like mad. I thought he looked at me, so i smiled, and he smiled back.. then pointed at me. I don't want to sound like one of those jackasses "OH MY GOD, HE LOOKED AT ME!", but I'm pretty sure he did. Man.. they played such great songs... Hell's Bells, TNT (during which my Dad saw me on the jumbotron, so he was relieved to know where we were), Thunderstruck (my fave, phenominal) to name a few. Then almost at the end of their act, a security guard was reaching over us to pull down a body-surfer, when i guess he knocked T in the nose and she started bleeding. It wasn't bad, and she wanted to stay (FRONT ROW AT THE LARGEST TICKETED CONCERT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND WATCHING AC-FUCKING-DC AFTER 10 HOURS OF BEING IN THE CROWD [that means no eating, no pissing, no resting, drinking only what you can grab, and putting up with the horrific BO and sweat of everyone around you]), but apparently it was 'bad for the cameras', so we were yanked out. It was so tight in there that i could't get my foot out and my shoe came off, but the nice mexican guy behind me (who swore at Timberlake in Spanish... very cool!) got it for me. The security rushed me so much that i didnt have time to put it back on, and had to follow T to the medical building with one shoe on. Her nose-bleed lasted for maybe 2 minutes max., and all they gave her was a kleenex. Front row wasted for that... I was right pissed!
But all's well, cause the Stones (watched on the jumbotron) paled in comparison to AC/DC, so we saw the REAL show. It took us over an hour to find my Dad anyway, so it would have been mayhem had we stayed till then end. I didn't realize how many people 1/2 million really was till we tried to find my Dad. We must have been within 20 meters of my Dad.. but we couldn't see shit-all cause of all the ppl. So we walked ALL THE WAY to the entrance to call my dad on the pay phones, then ALL THE WAY back to meet him at the porta-potties. On the way to them, we saw seas of ppl walking out of the concert, and thought it was over.. but there were plenty of ppl left to make finding the john's hell. We finally got there, stayed for a few songs, got some munch and walked back to the car. We got there around 11:30, and got home at about 2:00 am.. and I had to work the next day at 9:00 am.. it sucked.. but was WELL worth it. Anywho, my sis is booting me, so i'll edit this later and finish up on the details!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home